The village started to grow when the vast Necropolis cemetery (now Brookwood Cemetery) was established in the area in 1849 and for a short time it was the largest cemetery in the world. The village was originally accessible by rail from a special station – the London Necropolis railway station – next to Waterloo but this eventually closed after being bombed during Second World War.
The current Brookwood train station is approx. 1km from the nearest public house, and as the village grew, the local residents were keen to have something closer. The club was established in 1906 in temporary premises, with the current club building being built in 1909 and opened by the then President A.W. Wise on May 10th of that year, only a few yards from the station. An extension was added in 1923, housing a dance hall and snooker room and the ‘foundation stone’ for this was laid by the club President J.B. Walker on 8th August 1923. The extension was subsequently demolished in 2005 and the commemorative stone was incorporated into the original 1909 building